In fact, most mobile applications on Google Play store (the biggest app store in the world) garner meager downloads, and over 60 percent of these applications experience 80 percent drop-off rate within the first week.
Due to this reason, many app development companies and entrepreneurs are gunning for effective solutions to a huge problem. And if you are searching for answers, this is definitely the right post for you. So, from violation of app store guidelines to ineffective mobile app testing strategies and everything in between, here are the most outstanding reasons why mobile apps fail.
1. Poor market research and strategy
The first important step before the mobile app development / Android, iOS process is market research and strategy. Before you start the project, you must first study the targeted market and potential user behavior before the development stage in other to understand the market and its needs. And you can gather a lot of information about what it would feel like when users download, peruse, explore and finally engage with your apps if you do effective market research and build strategies that will shot your app to the limelight.
To achieve this feat, in-depth market research must be done to build a strong product foundation and get ahead of the competition. Also, you need a compelling USP (unique selling point) and brand story to position your brands for success. Having said that, it is great to explore the types of market research.
• Primary research
• Secondary research
For the formal, you need to know the main needs of your businesses and craft workable frameworks. Also, you need optimized marketing strategies. For the latter, you are focused on devising optimized social media strategies and strengthen the apps main objectives.
2. Violation of App Store Guidelines
Many apps are repeatedly rejected due to app stores guidelines that are violated. That is why you need to meet all the guidelines before you upload your apps. However, it is important to note that these guidelines are put in place to ensure seamless upload and downloading of apps on the stores. Without them, a lot of things will go wrong. For example, major apps stores dump apps that use app generation or template based services. Or if the apps are considered to be clones, fraudulent, copies, abandoned or not 64-bit compatible, this could cause the apps to be dumped or rejected. Also, if your app does not include content, features, or UI that elevate your app beyond a repackaged site, it could be dumped or rejected.
As you can see, these guidelines curb such problems listed above. Having said that, here are 9 outstanding reasons why your app could be rejected, which will cause it to fail:
• Your app is not safe to run on mobile devices.
• Your app is not tested for crashes and bugs
• Your information and metadata is not complete and accurate
• Your contact information is not updated
• Backend services are not enabled
• Your app does not follow many development guidelines such as app programming, app extension programming, iOS data storage, other extensions mobile app development / Android, iOS guidelines.
• And other safety issues that will hinder safe download of the app.
• Brand and marketing guidelines, such as identity and marketing resources guidelines
• Your app does not follow design guidelines, such as human interface guidelines
3. Apps that are not personalized
The app market is saturated with millions of apps fighting stardom. And the industry is filled with apps that are copied or have a similar structure. So the only to stand out from the crowd is to personalize your mobile apps with attractive features like design enhancements, change in graphics and other features. To help you build a successful mobile app through mobile app development / Android, iOS process, here some 5 ways to effectively personalize your mobile app:
• Segment your users.
• Add push notification.
• Use smart recommendations.
• Exploit locations based marketing.
• Use personalized mail marketing.
4. Ineffective mobile app testing
Mobile app testing for quality assurance is at the heart of mobile app development / Android, iOS. Ineffective mobile app testing could be another good reason for mobile app failure. This is because, through mobile app testing, quality assurance can be accurately determined. With it, you can catch bugs and other defects in the app.
So to paint a clearer picture of why ineffective mobile app testing can cause your app to fail, here are some effects of poor mobile app testing you should know.
• Inability to check the functionalities and user interface of the app.
• Zero quality assurance.
• Make the mobile app development / Android, iOS process harder for developers.
• Inability to automate test cases by using frameworks that support mobile capability
• Inability to determine if the app supports backend content infrastructures.
• And a host of other demerits.
Clearly, there are many reasons that cause apps to fail that ranges from poor market research and strategy to ineffective mobile app testing after a thorough mobile app development / Android, iOS stage.
However, there are a lot of other factors that could also cause a mobile app to fail such as wrong ideas and bad execution or lack of proper monetization strategies or even choosing the wrong platform. This being said, these four outlined and discussed reasons are why most apps fail.