Follow along as I dive into the roles of the revolutionary Blocklancer project, a decentralized application built atop the Ethereum Blockchain, utilizing smart contracts to smooth out inequalities between stakeholders in the freelancing market.
This post was originally published on my Medium blog and can be found here. I hope you enjoy and find this helpful!
According CNN Money, over 35% of American workers are freelancers. Think about this for a minute — that’s over 50,000,000 workers. Million.With only a handful of freelancing platforms and even less that operate in a fair manner, freelancers are having a rougher and rougher time making a live. Blocklancer is an innovative freelancing platform that allows the freelancer to earn cryptocurrency for their work while actually recording happenings on the blockchain, removing inequalities among platform participants.
Let’s dive into the three users-roles and their importance in theBlocklancer ecosystem:
Tokenholders: Platform Governance
Perhaps the most critical role on the Blocklancer platform is that of the Tokenholder. Those holding Lancer Tokens (LNC) are Tokenholders and, therefore, subject to certain benefits and responsibilities on the Blocklancer platform. The Tokenholder on the Blocklancer platform is synonymous with shareholders within a corporation. The difference between Blocklancer and the traditional corporation is that Blocklancer is decentralizing platform governance features, allowing them to be votedand decided upon by Tokenholders.
Tokenholders will receive 100% of the 3% of fees charged by completed employment contracts on the Blocklancer platform and will be responsible for voting in the dispute resolution process should disputes occur between Freelancers and Clients. This puts the decision-making power in the hands of those holding LNC — allowing for more fair way to handle disputes on the platform.
Tokenholders have an incentive to participate in the dispute resolution process, decided by majority vote, because the Tokenholders who vote with the majority-side receive LNC FROM the Tokenholders who voted on the losing side, resulting in lost LNC from those who vote against the majority.
Freelancers: Perform Skilled Work
Blocklancer project has emerged as an innovative decentralized business model called the Distributed Autonomous Job-Marketplace (DAJ) because of the problems Freelancers face on a daily basis on present-day freelancing platforms. For these reasons, Blocklancer aims to help solve problems skilled workers face in order to create a more efficient global job market, reducing the friction experienced in the present-day freelancing process.
Freelancers are also a critical component to the success of any freelancing platform. Thereby, creating a more dependable platform with innovative employment opportunities, Blocklancer will attract more freelancers who are serious about their work. Some of these problems are outlined in our White Paper which can be found in detail on the official Blocklancer website, but are listed succinctly below:
- Unnecessary difficulties receiving payments from clients:
2. Unlimited centralized power on current freelancing platforms:
3. High fees on current freelancing platforms (Blocklancer = ONLY 3%)
4. Clients leaving undeserving/negative profile reviews or unfair dispute settlement:
Blocklancer is aiming to make job proposals as easy as possible for Freelancers within and outside of the blockchain industry. With an initial focus on becoming a resource for the blockchain community’s needs, Blocklancer will then branch out to non-blockchain markets with a focus on becoming the Freelance platform of the future.
Clients: Find Low-cost Freelance Work
While Blocklancer focuses more on helping the individual Freelancer than the corporation, the Leadership Team understands the symbiotic relationship within the ecosystem and, thus, will be far more affordable than any currently available option for businesses.
Blocklancer employs ONLY a 3% fee on Employment Contracts created by businesses, but the fee is paid by the Freelancer for having the opportunity provided by the Client. These are essentially projects or gigs a Freelancer can scan the Blocklancer platform for, evaluate, and submit a proposal to be reviewed by the Client.
Below is a comparison of platform fees charged by present freelance job platforms:
As you can see above, Blocklancer will be very attractive to companies seeking Freelancer’s for specialized, niche work. The fees are non-existent for companies, which should result in a major increase in employment opportunities. We expect this to, in turn, attract Freelancersto the Blocklancer platform seeking fair employment opportunities.
Another important feature to note in the red box — just look how how much existing freelance platforms gouge their Freelancers…10–20% of the employment contract PLUS withdrawal fees, conversion fees, and 3–4 days time for funds to hit your account. Blocklancer was developed with these key negative features in-mind for you to have a better Freelance experience!
Blocklancer ICO Started January 16th & Ends February 28th
As of January 27th, the Blocklancer ICO has already raised 2,000 ETH of their 10,000 ETH goal.
Please join Blocklancer communication channels at:
Follow me on these platforms if you'd like:
Below are some resources for beginning cryptocurrency enthusiasts or others interested in something new:
- History of Cryptocurrency Exchanges — insightful look into the token-based exchange model and how exchanges have evolved.
- Cryptoversity by Chris Coney — The Online School That Pays You To Learn About Bitcoin, Crypto-currencies and Blockchains
- HitBTC Exchange — major exchange, access ICOs and multi-currencies.
- CoinTracking — Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tracker for all Digital Coins
- Changelly — as easy as purchasing cryptocurrency gets — watch the exchange rate.
- CoinMate.io — Bitcoin arbitrage made easy.
- CEX.io — Buy Bitcoin w/ credit card, ACH bank transfer, SEPA transfer, cash, or AstroPay. Credit purchases are instant.
- CoinPayments — Receive payment via 70+ different cryptocurrencies — the crypto-PayPal.
- CoinMama — purchase Bitcoin and Ethereum w/ credit/debit cards & using cash through WesternUnion on their platform. Best for Euro purchases.
- Bit-Z — Newer Top 20 cryptocurrency exchange adding new, ICO coins all the time.
- Exmo Exchange — just launched their own coin and adding robust features to the trading platform.
- Gate.io — Cryptocurrency exchange listing new coins — get 10% off trading fees if you register with this link.
- CryptoPay — Spend your crypto. Can order a Euro, US Dollar or Pound crypto-debit card. Get 25% off using this link.
- LinkCoin — Your ticket to using LinkCoin, Bibox, and Bibox365 exchange products and ICO’s — mainly Asian cryptocurrencies that are not available on other exchanges.
- Cryptocurrency Resource Telegram Channel — acts as an ICO/blockchain news/resource channel for crypto beginners.
- Ledger Nano S — multi-cryptocurrency cold hardware wallet supporting Bitcoin forks. Keep your coins safe and offline. Cold storage.
- Kucoin — new exchange with its own token used to split exchange fees with holders, daily. Only exchange with NEO trading pairs too.
- Binance — 150+ cryptocurrencies with its own token used to pay exchange fees on the platform and give perks to traders on their platform.